The scholarship of 2015 is divided into 5 categories:
1. Scholarship for Students of Master's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages（MTCSOL）,
2. Scholarship for Students of One-Academic-Year + MTCSOL,
3. Scholarship for Students of Bachelor's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages（BTCSOL）,
4. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Students,
5. Scholarship for One-Semester Students.
6. Scholarship for Four-Weeks Students.
Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens in good health, aged between 16 and 35 (Chinese language teachers in post shall be aged below 45, and applicants for BTCSOL scholarship should be aged below 20).
Scholarship winners are exempt from tuition, accommodation fees on campus, and are provided with monthly living allowance, and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in China. Monthly living allowances are provided at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
Applicants should log onto the Scholarship website, fill out the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form”, and attach the electronic files of the following materials: